Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dress Shopping

Let me start by saying that I can be a very indecisive person at times and not because I don't know what I want but because I have the tendency to overanalyze just about everything in my head. I take into account all possible scenarios before making a final decision that I am 100% confident in. If I have to make a quick decision, I will. If I don't have to make a quick decision (i.e. not in a time crunch to order my bridal gown right this moment), then I won't.

Straight off the bat, I knew I wasn't going to be one of those brides that just "knew" when they found the dress (for all the reasons stated above). With that said, I didn't have this earth-striking moment where the stars aligned and I realized I had found the perfect dress. In my world, what I felt, was enough to know that I found one that made me very happy and any other dresses I tried on afterwards (and before) just did not compare.

Without getting into too much detail about the gown that is the current front-runner, I will say that it is more elegant than princess-y and more simple than extravagent. I didn't feel like someone I wasn't when I tried it on - maybe just a slightly upscale version of myself. I would have ordered the dress right then and there but my friend Gary would have killed me if he didn't get to see it first. My plan is to go back within the next two weeks and put my deposit down. I'll feel much more relaxed once that is done.

The only issue is the dress throws me a curveball for my color scheme. Back to the drawing board for colors! Luckily, time (until the wedding) is something I have plenty of.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Princess for sure. I am not sure that it would look good on me but that is the style that I like the best. Looking forward for some more Bridesmaid Dresses soon!