Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Almost a Year's Worth of Wedding Planning Experience!

At the end of this month, Brian and I will be engaged for a year and have about seven months to go before the wedding. The last few weeks have been productive as far as wedding planning goes and we're thankful to have a few less things to worry about.

Brian picked out his wedding band from Omega Fine Jewelry in Ramsey, New Jersey. We will be picking it up this weekend so I can post pictures next week.

We reserved a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Nanuet, New York for our out-of-town guests and friends.

We have booked bridal party transportation and a hotel shuttle for guests of the hotel to and from Patriot Hills with Royal Crown Limousine.

We designed the save-the-dates ourselves and are having them printed through VistaPrint. We did standard postcards with travel information on the back. Hopefully we will get them back soon so they will be in our guests' hands by the end of February. Here is a picture of the front of the postcard:


I had my makeup trial with Christine of Color Makeup Studio and booked her on the spot. She did a wonderful job and when she was done, I still felt and looked like "me" - just a slightly more upscale version. Apparently I wasn't in the picture taking mood that day as all but one picture taken that day came out pretty terrible! Here is a picture taken a few hours (ok, seven hours) after the trial:

Unfortunately you can't really catch the details from this far away but she did focus a lot on my eyes and it showed.

The moms have picked out and ordered their dresses. My mom is going with a Daymour Couture (Style Number 3001) in aubergine. Here is a photo of the dress in champagne:

Brian's mom is going with a David's Bridal (Style Number 34382) in brown. Here is a picture of the dress in eggplant:

We made our first appointment with a florist (Dykstra Florist) for Saturday, February 21st. I finally know what colors I would like for the flowers and hope that someone, somewhere is within our budget!

1 comment:

Mrs. Boom said...

Isn't Christine fantastic? You look beautiful!
You'll get the song down. We're using a DJ so, we did have more time to draw out the decision...I would much rather have known sooner!